How do I delete my credit card details from Uber's database?

My credit card recently expired and I needed to update my payment method for Uber. Is there a way to delete my old card?

You can follow these steps to delete your old credit card:

Go to menu > payment tab (where you will see a list of your payment options) > click on the credit card you wish to delete > tap the three dots on the upper right > delete

But ensure to add your new card before deleting the old one, because Uber requires at least one payment method associated with your account at all times.

Uber and for that matter any such app based provider service requires one credit card to be saved at all times in their app for you to use that app as the payment gets automatically debited from that linked credit card. Now for you to delete one particular card details, you will have to enter another card details and that’s when you will be able to see delete in front of the earlier card details. Now if you want to completely delete the card details, then I think you need to delete the app altogether and then download it back and use another profile as if you sign in with your existing, the same card details will come up again. Alternatively, you can do is to use the help function on the app and send them an email asking what you want to do and they might be able to assist you then.

You can update a debit or credit card’s expiration date, CCV number, and billing zip or postal code. If you have an Uber for Business profile, you can also change the profile your card is associated with by selecting Settings from your menu. However, you cannot change a debit or credit card number, so you would have to remove the card from your account and add it again as a new payment method. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Select “Payment” from your menu.
  2. Select the card you’d like to delete.
  3. Tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner.
  4. Tap DELETE, then confirm.