What is the best way to use a credit card?

I believe everyone has a credit card and would like to know more about your experiences with your current credit card. What are some good ways to use your credit cards?

One of the best ways to use your credit card is to find one that has a points system that you can use effectively. If you utilize the points system well, you can get a lot of value back.

For example, when I was studying abroad, I used the Bank of America Travel Rewards Credit Card for students. I was buying a bunch of flight/train tickets and booking hotels with my friends, so I easily spent $1000 in the first 90 days and was able to get $250 in travel credit, which I used to book more flights. I was traveling to different places in Europe every weekend, but since the card had 0% foreign transaction fees, I could just use my same card everywhere I went.

Matching your lifestyle to your card is probably the best thing you can do. Another example would be in the case where you mainly use your credit card for groceries and gas. In that case, you could something like the Citi Rewards+ card, which offers 2x points at supermarkets and gas stations. This would let you accumulate points quickly.

Use your credit card in a such way that you gain points or rewards which you can then use to buy gift cards, for travel, and many more.