How can I afford a house in an expensive area while paying off loans?

I am currently paying off student loans, and I make about $50,000 a year. I am not married, nor do I have kids, but I really want to get a house somewhere closed to where I work because I commute long distance to get to work. Housing is expensive near where I work, and I still need to pay off my student loans and pay for food, rent, credit card debt, etc. How do I manage my money and get the money to pay for a home?

Great question! I would first try to examine whether or not buying a house at this current moment in time is the best decision. Might it be better to find an apartment or place to rent closer to where you work in the near term? However, if you do feel that you are ready to enter homeownership, you will have to get a mortgage on a house. Mortgages can be rather complicated, but most important thing to know is that your credit score will be the most important factor in deciding whether or not you will qualify for a mortgage, as well as the specific terms of said loan. For more detailed information on what type of mortgages you would qualify for based on your credit score, check this article out.