Best credit card for someone with no credit history?

I have never owned a credit card and I’ve heard you need a solid credit score to get a solid credit card. What would you recommend to someone with no prior credit history?

If you are a student, I would definitely recommend the Deserve EDU Mastercard for Students. Not only do you get 1% cash back on all your purchases, but you also get a year of subscription for Amazon Prime after you make your first purchase. It’s also great if you travel often since it has a ton of damage insurance and does not charge any foreign transaction fees. Here’s a review of the card if you’re interested in learning more.

I second the Deserve EDU Mastercard recommendation, but I would recommend the Discover it Secured card if you are not a student. There is no annual fee and the intro offer is strong, as you can earn unlimited cash back for the first year. And you also earn 2% cash back at gas stations and restaurants on up to $1,000 in combined purchases for each quarter, as well as unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases. I think it is a great choice. Here is a comprehensive review if you want to learn more: https://clyde.ai/credit-card-details/95-discover-it-secured-details-review

If you are a student, definitely you would try the Discover it Student card, great for credit building since you do not need to put down a deposit. If you don’t get approved, then I would try either the Discover it Secured card or the Capital One platinum card.