Best combination of cards to have?

I have been looking to upgrade from a secured card and was wondering which unsecured cards work well together?

The best combination of cards definitely depends on your needs. Given that I travel a lot, I use the Platinum Card from American Express and the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card to cover my travel and everyday needs. The Platinum Card offers great travel rewards and mileage points, while the Blue Cash Preferred card offers rewards on groceries and everyday purchases.

I would like to add to Justin’s great response. Depending on your financial situation, the Amex Trifecta could be a great option for you. The Amex Trifecta uses the different features of each credit card to optimize your benefits and rewards. Users of this strategy pick three American Express credit cards that earn Membership Rewards. The Platinum Card from American Express or the American Express Green Card for travel, the American Express Gold Card for dining and groceries, and the American Express Blue Cash Preferred Card for other expenses. This is just one possible combination of many that can be completed. The end goal is simply to maximize your rewards and fit your needs.